During the First Nation – Farmer Climate Unity March, we will follow this Code of Nonviolence.
Code of Nonviolence:
* There will be no cursing, no displays of anger, and no destruction of property. We will cooperate with police officers and other public officials.
* We will act with love, openness, compassion, and respect toward all who we encounter and their surroundings. We will not be violent in our actions, words, or toward any person or property.
* We will act fairly and honestly with people regardless of the situation or the role they play.
* We will remain calm and aware at all times.
* We will keep a clear state of mind and refrain from the use of alcohol or drugs, other than for medical purposes. We will not have any illegal drugs or alcohol with us while marching or while in camp.
* We will carry no weapons.
* We will seek dialogue with those who may disagree with us. We will maintain a spirit of openness, friendliness, and respect toward all with whom we engage.